Grieving Together: A Couple’s Journey through Miscarriage is our new book through the common questions, crises, and grief that arise after miscarriage. Available now from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Our Sunday Visitor (with free shipping).
The book gathers Scripture, prayers, practical resources, and theological wisdom that speaks to the toughest questions surrounding the loss of a child: Why did God let this happen? Is our baby in heaven? How could this suffering be part of God’s plan?
Grieving Together draws deeply from the Catholic tradition, with the hope that all who have experienced miscarriage will find comfort within its pages:
- help for the first days and weeks after miscarriage
- perspectives on how mothers and fathers grieve differently
- ways to navigate common cliches about miscarriage
- prayers for when you struggle to find the words
- creative ideas to honor the life of your child
- times to remember your baby throughout the year
- hope for your marriage and future after loss
- stories from real-life couples who’ve experienced infertility, stillbirth, multiple miscarriages, infant loss, and miscarriage without living children
We hope that the book will also be a resource for priests, ministers, hospital chaplains, and other professionals who seek to support grieving parents.
It’s the book we wish we would have had after our miscarriage. It’s the book we hope will comfort other couples and let them know they are never alone.
Advance praise for Grieving Together
“In Grieving Together, Laura and Franco Fanucci tell their personal story with courage and vulnerability, offer sage advice, and share words of solace with anyone who has ever been asked to carry the cross of the loss of a child. This beautiful book will challenge you, heal you, and leave you with a new understanding of just how much God loves you.”
– Hallie Lord, SiriusXM radio host and author of On the Other Side of Fear: How I Found Peace
“This book is a self-contained support group for individuals or couples experiencing infertility, miscarriage, or infant death. Through personal testimonies of loss, experiences in the stages of grief and the accompaniment of God’s presence, the authors will accompany the reader in a way that can be powerfully healing. Thoughtful questions directed specifically to the man or woman provide a means for couples to discuss and communicate their thoughts, allowing growth through what is often a very traumatic experience. Definitely a must have pastoral companion for an important need.”
– The Most Reverend Andrew Cozzens, Auxiliary Bishop, Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis
“This book is a godsend for anyone grieving the loss of a pregnancy. It’s written with clarity, sensitivity, and compassion, and is equally accessible to women and men. Losing a pregnancy can feel like wandering through the wilderness, but this book is an invaluable guide and the Fanuccis are the wisest and most encouraging of fellow travelers. It’s not a stretch to say that lives will be changed by this beautiful, much-needed book.”
– Ginny Kubitz Moyer, author of Taste and See: Experiencing the Goodness of God with Our Five Senses and Random MOMents of Grace: Experiencing God in the Adventures of Motherhood
This page contains Amazon affiliate links.