Sing A New Song: A Birth Story Retreat – Registration
Whether you are a brand-new mom or birthed your babies decades ago, whether you had positive or negative experiences, you know birth is life-changing. If you’ve never reflected on your birth story/stories or brought them to God in prayer—whether in joy or lament—now is your chance to honor the hard and holy work you have done in bringing life into the world.
Join us on Nov. 4-6 to pray through our birth stories in a whole new way, in the light of faith. We’ll pray with the laments and praise songs of the Psalms, reflect on Scripture stories from Eve to Elizabeth, and dive into Jesus’ own birth story in the Gospels.
Sing A New Song is a virtual birth story retreat, coming to you in the comfort of your own home. We’ll gather on Zoom during Nov. 4-6 (including optional small group conversations) and spend time in prayer and reflection outside the group sessions.
Together we’ll discover what birth can reveal about God, ourselves, and our motherhood. Honor yourself – or support a mom you love – with the gift of time and space to pray about the days that changed your life.
Let yourself sing a new song to God!
The retreat includes:
- 3 retreat sessions held on Zoom on Nov. 4-6, 2022
- the companion e-book with complete retreat materials
- all preparation and follow-up materials sent via email
- access to recorded Zoom sessions for 30 days following the close of the retreat
- optional small groups that will meet for 30 minutes following each large group session
Mark your calendar for our retreat sessions: 3 one-hour sessions of presentation, prayer, and reflection:
Session 1: 7:00 pm CDT, Friday, Nov. 4th
Session 2: 2:00 pm CDT, Saturday, Nov. 5th
Session 3: 2:00 pm CST, Sunday, Nov. 6th
Each session will offer a mix of prayer, presentation, and time for reflection. Participants will have the chance to join small group discussion for 30 minutes following each large group session—often the heart of our virtual retreats but always optional.
Sing A New Song includes an e-book that will guide you through the retreat and give you resources to keep reflecting:
- tips for making an at-home retreat
- extra Scripture, original prayers, and reflection questions
- creative ways to pray with your birth stories
- space for journaling or drawing/painting
- resources for after the retreat
This retreat is designed to fit your life. You can watch the recorded live sessions later according to your needs, and spend each day in reflection and prayer whenever it fits your schedule.
Together we’ll create time and space set apart to encounter God within our birth stories.