Want to Pray through Birth?
At Mothering Spirit, we believe mothers need more resources for pregnancy and birth, both the beautiful and painful parts of bringing new life into the world. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. When you’re preparing for birth
Get a copy of our e-books: Prayers for Pregnancy & Prayers for Birth. The collections feature prayers for pregnancy and birth to guide you through preparation, labor, and postpartum; Scripture passages on birth for prayer and reflection; creative ways to prepare spiritually for birth, and a special set of printable verses for labor!
Read essays & birth stories from our writers:
- Vanesa Zuleta Goldberg describes the unexpected challenges of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum in her essay for Mothering Spirit
- Sarah Bahiraei shares a beautiful story about a pandemic, a travel ban, and an overseas birth story
- Jessica Mathisen describes the power of praying through an intense birth
- Rachael Stowe weaves a powerful story about birth in her letter to her daughter
- Stina Kilsmeier-Cook reflects on laboring images of God in Scripture alongside her birth stories
- Kimberly Knowle-Zeller writes about birth as an Alleluia moment and walking to motherhood as a pilgrimage at Coffee+Crumbs
- Justina Kopp shares her birth story with her quadruplets on the Fountains of Carrots podcast and here on Mothering Spirit
- Kirby Hoberg writes about hospital births, homebirths, and postpartum
2. After you’ve given birth
Listen to the birth story episodes from Amongst the Pots and Pans podcast from Mothering Spirit writer Kimberly Iglesia.
Reflect on God’s presence with you during labor:
3. When suffering happens
If you or someone you love has lost a baby to miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant loss, check out the book Grieving Together: A Couple’s Journey through Miscarriage from Laura & Franco Fanucci.
Read or share prayers from Mothering Spirit:
Know of good resources for praying through birth? Share your favorites below!
This post contains affiliate links.